Some content submission guidelines for SEBRA NEWS W2. If there is anything you do not understand, or if you have any questions, please email: email@example.com
What to Send
Articles: The perfect file to send for an article is a Word document via email, prepared as follows:
- Suggest a main heading to your article
- Suggest sub-headings in the article if appropriate
- Format anything that is a quote with italics
- Format anything that needs highlighting in bold.
- Please do not apply different fonts, colours, indents etc…. All of this will be removed.
- The magazine gets professionally proof read, but you should proof read your own copy, or have it proof read, before submitting.
- Before sending your article, please read it one more time.
- PDF files for advertisements are ideal. Full page advertisements should include a 3mm bleed area. Refer to this guide for further information.
Letters and Safety Valve: Please send content in a simple email
- Please just send your letters and Safety Valve contributions in the body of an email
- Please include your name, the name of the street you live in, and whether you are a SEBRA member
- If you do not wish us to publish your name and/or street address please advise.
If your contribution needs images, please supply them as follows:
- .jpg format for photos.
- .png format for graphics (but .jpg is OK too).
- .tiff files should be avoided if possible (typically they are of a very large file size, and regardless of this will be converted to .jpg for print).
- Every image should be sent at the highest resolution available.
- If you are emailing images please include caption suggestions.
- If you need to send a lot of images consider using WeTransfer or sharing via Google Drive etc…
- Please name your image appropriately e.g: ‘wall-damage.jpg’. If images are named something like “_IMG_5466777.copy(3).jpg” it adds to the work required
- For letters and Safety Valve contributions the word count does not matter, but a minimum word count of 70 is advised.
- Full page articles should contain between 500 and 900 words. “Image Heavy” articles should be at the lower limit, more “wordy” article at the upper limit.
- Double or halve the above for two-page spreads or half pages.
- If in doubt, don’t hesitate to drop us an email, we are keen to help.
Deadlines (Important: regular contributors will receive individual emails in relation to their deadlines).
- The deadline for articles, letters, Safety Valve contributions and any other content for the Summer 2022 edition is Friday 20 May, other than:
- The deadline for advertorial content is Friday 27 May – A date which ONLY applies to content that we are expecting to arrive.
- The deadline for advertisements is Friday 27 May – A date which ONLY applies to content that we are expecting to arrive.
IMPORTANT – The opening of Crossrail *may* affect the dates shown above. We will keep contributors informed about any changes, and we will remain mindful of date-specific copy should any publication delays crop up.
What not to Send
- Please do not send PDF files for articles unless you have absolutely no other option. The text can be hard to extract, and images will likely be at a lower quality than the originals.
- Please do not embed images in emails. This often reduces their quality. Please send them as attachments.
- Again, if you need help just ask, emails are replied to very promptly.